“Star Transportation group is an innovative full service transportation company in the great Pittsburgh region," explains Founder and CEO of Star Transportation Group, Robert DeLucia "We got that way by providing great service and being innovative with the use of our natural green resources, CNG & propane. A hard work ethic and a vision for growth in excellence helps also” From 1966 through 1972 Robert served in the US Army as a Military Police Officer and upon his return from Vietnam, started driving a taxi cab. In 1985, Robert initiated Star Limousine service at the Sheraton Hotel in Cranberry, with only one car. His company has grown, with the help of his two sons, Derek DeLucia, who serves as President, and Robert DeLucia, Jr. who serves as Vice President, to Star Transportation Group, a five division transportation company. Star Transportation Group operates over 150 vehicles and employs over 100 people, which Robert describes as a great team, in the Pittsburgh region.
In 2008, Gasoline prices reached $ 4.00 a gallon. Robert knew in order to be competitive; he would have to make some adjustments to one of his major expenses, gasoline. Not only was the cost of gasoline on his mind, but so was the dependence of foreign oil and the carbon footprint he would eventually be leaving to his grandchildren. He started investigating and trying new forms of alternative fuels, such as adding propane gassed vehicles to the fleet as well as our own refueling stations. Now, with the discovery of our regions natural resources, Marcellus Shale; He has implemented purchasing CNG vehicles, the maintenance centers for those vehicles, as well initiating the fueling stations for CNG vehicles.
Meet The CEO
Robert DeLucia is the founder and CEO of The Star Transportation Group, which includes the following successful transportation companies: Star Limousine Service, Classy Cab Company, Cranberry Taxi, Air Star and the most recent company Veterans’ Taxi. Veterans Taxi was designed to provide state of the art, wheelchair accessible transportation to our communities with American fuel, CNG, and American heroes as your drivers in an American made car.
Robert is a member of the following Organizations:
Taxi Limousine & Para Transit Association- TLPA
National Limousine Assoc- NLA
PUC Ad Hoc Group (Pennsylvania Public Utilities Advisory Board Member)
National Veteran Owned Business Association- NaVoba
The Chamber of Commerce North Pittsburgh Chapter. Robert dedicates much of his time to Veterans affairs & persons in wheelchairs. He has served as a member of the Veterans task force to create employment opportunities for our veterans as well as providing support to those with disabilities.
Star Transportation Group?
STG has a values-based leadership ethic. We are business leaders and community contributors.
· STG is Pittsburgh’s most technologically-advanced, reliable, full-service transportation company.
· STG is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
· STG computer dispatch system uses GPS tracking, minimizing customer wait-times.
· STG Customer Service Department features a state-of-the-art telecommunications system to enhance communication between customers, service reps and drivers.
· STG routinely checks weather and traffic conditions to inform our drivers of the safest and most direct routes.
· STG is Pittsburghs first taxi company to use in-vehicle security cameras for passenger and driver safety.
· STG operates wheelchair-accessible cabs in two of our divisions, Classy Cab & Veterans Taxi to provide equal transportation access for all. Additionally we have our AirStar division of wheelchair accessible busses that can accommodate up to 4 wheelchairs.
· STG offers a range of payment options including credit and debit cards for any transportation need or lifestyle to provide cash-less cab rides.
· STG operates clean-burning Compressed Natural Gas taxis as well as propane fueled & electric vehicles.
· STG is a leader in the transportation industry utilizing our natural eco friendly resources such as compressed natural gas, propane & electric vehicle forms of transportation. We have our own fueling station at our South Side location.